Pixel Parlor is in search of a web designer to help with a variety of thoughtful, compelling websites, interactive media, and online advertising for a wide range of creatively engaging clients. The ideal candidate should possess the desire to make an impact in an highly creative environment, the capability to communicate effectively with clients and collaborators, the insight to create organized materials, and deliver a high-quality product to the client and end-user.
• Bachelor’s degree in interactive design or graphic design
• A highly developed portfolio
• A strong sense of typography
• An illustrative approach to design and color
• Excellent writing skills
• Must be comfortable presenting and receiving critique
• 3-5 years experience
• Experience in all aspects of Adobe Creative Cloud
• Experienced in WordPress
• Understanding of WP best practices, and general web best practices
• Front-end (HTML/CSS) development experience
• Comfortable with video and audio integration
• Bonus: experience with JS, PHP
• Collaborating on design and development for web and interactive
• Design of responsive websites, and other digital projects
• Determining technical requirements
• Website updates
• Some writing and editing of content
• Creating back-up files
• Troubleshooting code issues
Please send all serious inquiries with resume and online portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We get a kick out of all the mispronunciations of the Pixel Parlor name. To celebrate the laughs we get out of them, we’ve created an illustrated series to help bring them to life. We will be releasing each of the illustrations in this series periodically, we hope you get a few laughs.
We love pizza too—good thing we live in Fishtown. If you are in the neighborhood, check out the delicious pies at some of our favorite places:
Pixel Parlor had the honor of being featured in a video profile for Paymo—our preferred tool for project management. Directed and produced by Drury Bynum and Jamie Campbell of Shine Creative the profile features Pixel Parlor partners Jenn and Andrew Nicholas, the design studio, and the noteworthy street art in Fishtown, Philadelphia.
A belated birthday lunch for Bart, a slightly-early birthday lunch for Lisa D, and a very belated welcome to Randi, this afternoon at Front Street Café!
Not pictured, but present: Pike & Aero.